Skip to content
There are other organizations in the area that we partner with. You may find some of them to be helpful to you.
- Harrisburg First Church of the Brethren is the congregation from which bcmPEACE got its start and its roots. bcmPEACE functions as the church’s community
development and service arm while sharing office and program space with “First Church.”
- Contact Helpline (Call 211 or 717.652.440) is the central clearinghouse to answer questions regarding available services in our community.
- Brethren Housing Association is located in the same building as we are. BHA is focused on helping low-income and homeless individuals and families build a better future.
- Samara is an agency dedicated to strengthening families. Many of our parents have experienced trauma and loss in their childhoods. We enable them to develop the personal
strengths to move beyond their own hurt and to effectively raise their children. This organization holds parenting classes in our facility.
- HELP Ministries is an organization, which is part of Christian Churches United, that provides emergency help to thousands of people each year.
- Capital Area Coalition on Homelessness educates and mobilizes our community and coordinates services to prevent and reduce homelessness in the Capital Region. Their website
provides an excellent list of general services in the area.
- Capital Region Ex-Offender Support Coalition strives to reduce recidivism by educating and strengthening the community through services that an ex-offender needs for successful reentry.
- Tri County Community Action (formerly Community Action Commission or CAC) is part of America’s Poverty Fighting Network and provides a comprehensive approach to individual,
family, and neighborhood success.
- Tri-county OIC is the tri-county’s premier adult learning center. Since 1965, they’ve provided education and training services to more than 1,200 students every year at 20
sites in Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry, and York counties.
- Crisis Intervention Services • 100 Chestnut Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102 • Phone: (717) 232-7511
- Downtown Daily Bread • 310 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101 • Phone: (717) 238-4717
- Soup Kitchen (St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church) • 1459 Zarker Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104 • Phone: (717) 236-4506
- Ecumenical Food Pantry provides food to help the emergency needs of people in the greater Harrisburg area.
- Online Service Directories:
Need Help Paying Bills
Where To Go When You Need Help
Brethren Community Ministries (also known as bcmPEACE)
219 Hummel St.Harrisburg, PA 17104
Office: 717-234-0415 x20
Use bcmPEACE to find us on all social media